Category:clean up mac
November 5, 2021 5 minute read
Is your Mac getting too old for you? Is there a problem that no matter how hard you try you can't solve it? Do you want to sell it without any personal information? here it ishow to reset a macto solve any of these problems. Read on to discover simple methods to restart your Mac.
- Why do you need to factory reset your Mac?
- 7 Things You Should Do Before Erasing Your Mac
- make a backup
- Quit iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier
- Sign out of iCloud
- Send iMessage
- reset NVRAM
- Unpair the Bluetooth devices you want to keep (optional)
- Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS
- How to factory reset Mac using Disk Utility?
- How to completely clean a Mac?
- Frequently Asked Questions: Tips you may want to know
Why do you need to factory reset your Mac?
The main reason someone wants to reset their Mac is if they are ready to sell it or trade it in for another. In this world of online privacy, no one wants their information to be accessible to others. Therefore, factory resetting your Mac is the best way to prepare it for a new owner.
Also, if your Mac starts to misbehave, you may need to do a factory reset to bring it up to date. Factory resetting your Mac reinstalls a clean, new version of macOS. This can give you the feeling of operating a new Mac.
7 Things You Should Do Before Erasing Your Mac
If you've decided to clean up your Mac, here's a list of things to do before proceeding:
01make a backup
Back up your data before restoring your device to factory settings by turning off some features and services, cleaning up your Mac, and reinstalling macOS.
Make sure you have a current backup of your critical files. You can manually create a backup to an external hard drive or iCloud.
02Quit iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier
Open iTunes if you're running macOS Mojave or earlier. selectAccount>Authorizations>Deauthorize this computerin the menu bar at the top of the screen or in the iTunes window. Then enter your Apple ID and password before clickingdeauthorize.
03Sign out of iCloud
If you're running macOS Mojave or earlier, go toapple menu>System preferences, soiCloudso finallyGo out.
You will be prompted to save a copy of your iCloud data to this Mac. How you will clean up your Mac later, you can choosekeep a copy. Your iCloud data stays in iCloud and on any other devices signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
To sign out of iMessage, launch the Messages app and selectmessages>preferencesin the menu bar. then selectiMessageand finally selectGo out.
Shut down your Mac, turn it on and instantly press and hold the buttonOption,Domain,PAG, miRkeys together. After about 20 seconds, release the keys. This will erase all user settings from memory and restore all previously modified security features.
06Unpair the Bluetooth devices you want to keep (optional)
If your Mac was connected to a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, trackpad, or other device that you want to keep, you can unpair it. When your Mac and the Bluetooth device have different owners but remain within Bluetooth range of each other, this optional step prevents any inadvertent device input or connection.
To complete the following steps in this article, you must connect a USB keyboard and mouse if you are unpairing Bluetooth input devices from a desktop computer, such as an iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro.
To unpair a Bluetooth device, go toapple menu>System preferences>Bluetooth. Hover over the device you want to unpair and click the Remove button (X) next to your name.
07Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOSErasing your hard drive and reinstalling macOS is the best approach to return your Mac to factory settings.
After the macOS installation is complete, your Mac will restart and display setup assistance asking you to select a country or region. Skip the setup procedure if you want to keep your Mac in its original state. To shut down your Mac instead, useCommand-Q. The setup wizard will guide the new owner through the setup procedure when they turn on their Mac.
You may want to know:How to Get Rid of Search Marquis on Mac: All Methods
How to factory reset your Mac using Disk Utility
Paso 1.Start from macOS recovery: turn on your Mac and immediately press and holdDomainmiRuntil you see an Apple logo or other image.
paso 2.If prompted, choose a user whose password you know and enter the administrator password.
Stage 3.selectdisk utilityin the utilities window and press the Continue button.
Stage 4.In the Disk Utility sidebar, choosehigh definition mac.
Paso 5.click noTo switch offon the toolbar and enter the required information:
- Name: Macintosh HD
- Format: APFS or Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as recommended by Disk Utility
Paso 6.Shut down volume groupmust be selected. If you don't see this option, choose Delete.
Paso 7.If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
Paso 8.Once the cleanup procedure is complete, choose any other internal volume from the sidebar and delete it by clicking the Delete Volume (–) button on the toolbar. Ignore any internal volumes labeled Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, as well as any volumes in the External and Disk Images sections of the sidebar, throughout this step.
Paso 9.Close Disk Utility to return to the utilities window.
Paso 10.If you want to reinstall macOS from the drive you just erased, choose Reinstall macOS in the tool window, click Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions.
You may want to know:Why is my Mac overheating?
How to completely clean a Mac?
If you are looking for the most popular product or Mac cleanup tool, then you should look forLimpiador Mac Umate. This method actually frees up disk space by identifying and removing unnecessary files. It doesn't just remove them, it removes them completely, so there's no leftovers like other Mac cleanup tools.
You can choose between two cleaning modes to make sure you get rid of what you want and when. Quick Clean removes System Trash, Application Trash, iTunes Trash, Installation Packages, and Trash. A deep clean also includes junk, downloads, and unnecessary iOS disk images.
Why is Umate Mac Cleaner used so much?
- While you relax, the app automatically scans and detects unnecessary files, saving you time.
- With just one click, you can easily free up space in seconds. The user interface is very easy to use.
- With Umate, you can easily free up to 40% of your disk space.
- It also optimizes your device to run at peak performance.
- It is compatible with macOS 10.15-macOS 10.9 and works well on iMac, Macbook Pro/Air. In short, many Mac devices can run Umate effectively and smoothly.
Using Umate Mac Cleaner is very easy to use even for beginners. Follow the instructions and steps below to fully clean your Mac:
Paso 1.installLimpiador Mac Umateon your Mac and run it.
paso 2.So go ahead and click "scan"em"clean up the trash" paper.
Stage 3.After scanning, choose the files you want to delete.
Stage 4.Hit "Clean" to get rid of all of them in a matter of seconds.
For a variety of reasons, you may want to clean up your Mac: it may be slow, or a system crash has occurred, or you want to sell, trade, or sell it for a new one. Whatever the reason, you are certainly on the right track by following the steps provided in this article. To reiterate, always back up your essential files before proceeding with cleaning up your Mac.
Limpiador Mac Umate
Clean junk files selectively and safely.
Clear personal data to prevent privacy leaks.
Speed up your Mac like new with a single click.
Frequently Asked Questions: Tips you may want to know
1How to factory reset the iPhone or iPad?
- On your iPhone/iPad, go to 'settings' > 'In general' > 'Resume'.
- Select Select 'Erase all content and settings' and enter your password.
- Select 'erase iphone' (o 'drills iPad'), enter your Apple ID password to start the factory reset process.
2How to factory reset Apple Watch?
- First, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select 'My watch' > 'UE' next to your watch > select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Gonna 'settings' sin Apple Watch.
- Select 'In general' > 'Resume' > 'Erase all content and settings'.
- Tap 'remove all' for a factory reset.
3How to factory reset AirPods and AirPods Pro?
- Unpair AirPods or AirPods Pro from your iDevice by selecting Forget It. Open 'Bluetooth' settings.
- Make sure both AirPods are in the case. Open the cover to see the indicator light.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the light starts blinking amber.
- Wait until the light flashes 3 times, release the button and close the lid.
- Pair your AirPods with iPhone again, a pairing screen should appear on your iPhone and select 'To connect'.